Fair housing seminar to be held in Tampa | News
The Tampa Bay Fair Housing Consortium will celebrate Fair Housing Month in April by conducting a dynamic, one-day fair housing training covering topics including fair housing laws, what fair housing means to persons with disabilities, and reasonable accommodation and modification issues.
The seminar, on Friday, April 13, will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the main offices of the Pinellas Realtor Organization, 4590 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater. Realtors will receive three continuing education credits for this state-approved course, and the program has been submitted for continuing legal education credits by the Florida Bar.
The seminar is highlighted by a panel of distinguished speakers, including a luncheon address by keynote speaker Congresswoman Kathy Castor.
Other speakers include:
- Sara Pratt, deputy assistant secretary for Enforcement and Programs for the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, the federal agency responsible for enforcing fair housing laws at the national level
- Patricia Reass, a state permitted appraisal instructor and designated master residential appraiser, who will talk about fair housing and diversity;
- Attorney Michael Allen, partner in the civil rights law firm of Relman, Dane & Colfax, who will discuss what fair housing means for people with disabilities.
Participants must register by April 6. The $25 registration fee covers admittance to the continuing education program that includes lunch and a continental breakfast. Registration is available online at www.baaahq.org by clicking on “calendar” and then the event. Multiple registrations are accepted and the option to pay by credit card is available. Registration forms with check payable to Bay Area Apartment Association can be mailed to 6107 Memorial Highway, Suite B, Tampa, FL 33615.
The Tampa Bay Fair Housing Consortium is a collaboration between the Bay Area Apartment Association, Bay Area Legal Services, the cities of Clearwater, Largo, St. Petersburg and Tampa, and the Greater Tampa Association of Realtors, Gulfcoast Legal Services, Hillsborough County and the Pinellas County Office of Human Rights.
Event sponsors include Commission Express, Housemaster, the National Association of Realtors and Property Management, Florida Pest Control, Florida Bank and Tile Renovations.
If you require special accommodations, including the provision of auxiliary aids or services, please include the information when you make your reservation. Para información en español, comuníquese con Mark Esparza al (727) 464-4801 o por correo electrónico email@example.com.
For additional information call: (813) 882-0222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Pinellas County services and programs, visit www.pinellascounty.org or create a shortcut to www.pinellascounty.org/mobile on any smartphone. Pinellas County government is on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Pinellas County complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Upcoming Events near Pinellas Beaches
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- INVESTIGATORS: Corporation forces homeowners to sell property
- Detectives looking for man who robbed a Palm Harbor Radio Shack
- Detectives arrest Holiday man for child molestation
- Traffic: NB lanes on US 19 at Tampa Rd closed
- Pinellas County Sheriff's Office to conduct joint sobriety checkpoint this weekend